ISLAMABAD: The government has earmarked over Rs2.484 billion under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP 2022-23) for 10 ongoing and five new schemes to ensure improved services in the aviation sector.
According to the budgetary documents, Rs4 million have been set aside for the construction of barrack accommodation for ASF personnel along with a mess and allied facilities, a visitors’ room, ladies rest room, and other facilities at Chitral Airport.
The government also allocated Rs2.303 billion for 10 ongoing schemes, out of which Rs60 million would be spent on construction of Airport Security Force Camp at Islamabad International Airport, Rs29.871 million for building barrack accommodation for ASF personnel along with mess and allied facilities, ladies rest room, MT, store, Kote magazine, quarterguard and accommodation/room at Skardu airport.
Key budgetary proposals
- No tax on salaries of up to Rs100,000 per month; previously minimum taxable salary was Rs50,000/month
- Minimum tax bracket for small business persons to be raised from Rs0.4 million to Rs0.6m
- 15pc increase in salaries of government employees
- Sales tax exemption on import of solar panels and distribution
- Advance withholding tax will be collected from those sending remittances abroad via credit, debit and pre-paid cards
- Advance tax will be increased on cars above 1,600cc
- Exemption of complete custom duty on pharmaceutical ingredients
- Rs51bn proposed for education projects
- Rs24bn for health sector
- People earning an annual income of Rs300 million or more per year are proposed to pay 2pc extra tax
- Advance 2pc tax on the value for high-value hybrid and electric vehicles.