MINGORA: The third accused in the Lot Oveer honor killing case was also granted bail by Peshawar High Court Mingora bench (Darul Qaza) Swat on Friday.
Two other accused persons arrested in the killing of a teenage girl and a young man for honor in Nichagh village were earlier granted bail in Chitral.
The third accused, Obaidur Rehman, was granted bail in Mingora today, a close relative of the deceased young man told ChitralToday.
The 23-year-old man and the girl, aged 19, were killed on June 19 and their bodies were found dumped in a wooded area of the village.
Police arrested two brothers and a cousin of the girl in the honour killing case on July 31.
According to the case details, a 15-year-old boy, Fahimul Hassan, in statement recorded before a judicial magistrate Chitral on June 29 stated that Obaidur Rehman had come to his house early in the morning on June 19 and taken away his 12-bore gun, saying he was going to hunt doves.
He said later in the day his mother, who had gone to work in her agricultural field, came back and told him that the teenage girl and the young man had been killed and their bodies were lying in a wooded area.
But in a later undertaking, which is undated and available with ChitralToday, the same boy stated that the deceased young man (not Obaidur Rehman) had come to his house at 7am on May 19 and asked for his gun to hunt doves.
He first refused to lend him the gun saying his father was not at home. At 10am, the deceased came back and pleaded him to give him the gun and took it away.
At about 11am, the boy stated, he came to know that dead bodies of the young man who had borrowed his gun and the girl were lying at a distance from his house. He said he did not visit the crime scene.
Two days after the incident, the boy stated, police took him to the Booni police station saying his gun had been used in the killing of the two persons.
The boy said he was kept in the police stations for nine days and tortured. He said the police then produced him before a judicial magistrate in Lower Chitral and forcibly got his statement.
A resident of the village on condition of anonymity told ChitralToday that no FIR was registered by either the family of the deceased young man or the girl after the incident.
He said the boy’s statement that the deceased young man had borrowed the gun from his house gave an impression that the man had killed the girl and then committed suicide.
He claimed that the two were killed in separate places in the village but their bodies were dumped together in the wooded area.