ISLAMABAD: Minister for Communications Molana Asad Mehmood on Friday rejected as baseless reports that the federal government has shelved the Chitral-Shandur road project and called back machinery from the site.
According to MNA Molana Abdul Akbar Chitrali, the minister not only rejected the social media reports but also assured the Chitrali lawmaker that funds for the project would be released soon.
Two days ago, social media users in Chitral reported that the federal government had shelved the mega project which was approved by Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) last year.
MNA Molana Abdul Akbar Chitrali today said he contacted minister for communications Molana Asad Mahmood after unconfirmed reports that the government had shelved Chitral-Shandur road project.
According to the MNA, the minister rejected the reports and assured him that funds for… pic.twitter.com/CnY0G8aLrw
— Chitral Today (@ChitralToday) April 28, 2023
The project was scheduled to be completed in 36 months while the revised project envisaged construction of 153-km-long two–lane single carriageway starting from Chitral city, passing through the towns of Booni and Mastuj and ending near Shandur at the border of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan.
The MNA today said over the reports he contacted the minister for communications to ascertain the facts. According to the MNA, the minister rejected the reports and assured him that funds for the project would be released soon.