Morkhor hunted by American at Shasha conservancy


CHITRAL: An American man hunted a nine-year-old markhor in the Shasha conservancy near Chitral town on Tuesday. The horn size of the Kashmiri matkhor was 45 inches.

Officials told ChitralToday that Klimper Todd Kevin had paid 105,000 dollars to the wildlife department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under the trophy hunting scheme and obtained the permit. 

This was the first permit issued for the season of the year.

Every year, the wildlife department issues four permits and 70 percent of the proceeds is paid to the community concerned and the remaining 30 percent is deposited in government treasury, a spokesman of the department said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *