Chitral Today
Latest Updates and Breaking News. Editor: Zar Alam Khan.

Restaurant burnt in fire at Broze village

CHITRAL: A restaurant burnt in fire. The restaurant located at Gumbas Gol Broz was damaged by the flames early on Monday morning, the owner and Rescue 1122 said.

According to the rescuers, the fire was caused by electric short circuiting.

Noor Elahi, the owner, told media that after remaining shut due to the coronavirus lockdown the restaurant had been opened a few days ago. He said he was selling fast food items to earn a living.

Soon after the restaurant was closed after Sehri, it caught fire and by the time the rescuers reached the spot the restaurant built of tin sheets and wood had burnt.

He said though the rescuers tried their best to control the fire, it was his own fault that he could not alerted them on time.

All items kept inside the restaurant were also burnt, he said, adding he had suffered a loss of over 0.2 million which was a huge amount for him.

He said the restaurant was the only source of income for his family and due to the lockdown he was already facing losses and unable to make ends meet.

He appealed to the government as well as philanthropists to help him in reconstructing the restaurant to earn a living for his family.

Fire incidents have become common across Chitral in which house, shops and other structures have been gutted causing losses to owners.–Mukam uddin Ayuni

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected!!