Fire destroys computer centre, goods worth millions of rupees gutted

CHITRAL: Goods, including computers, worth millions of rupees were gutted in a fire that broke out in a residential room and spread to the nearby computer and handcraft centre here on Tuesday night.
The rental building housed Alfa Karim Computer and Handicraft Centre while a medical rep from Reshun lived in one room in the building. Sources said the fire erupted in the medical rep’s room and spread to the whole  building.
As a result, five rooms in the computer centre along with furniture, 35 computers, scanners, generators and all furniture of the handicraft centres were damaged.
A teacher of the computer centre, Abdul Munim, said that Rescue 1122 reached the spot soon after it was informed about the fire but due to the lack of training and equipment such as water hose, the staff could not extinguish the flames.–Muhkam Uddin Ayuni

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.