Four-room house destroyed by fire in Mastuj

An official at the Mastuj police station confirmed to ChitralToday that Dinar Wali Shah’s house caught fire but no one was injured in the incident. He said four rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom along with the household items were destroyed in the fire. The cause of the fire could not be ascertained, the official added. Local people reached the spot and extinguished the flames. It may be mentioned that the incidents of fires mainly due to electric short circuiting have been on the rise in different parts of Chitral in the recent years. It is believed that poor quality wires used in the houses are the main cause of the short-circuiting fires. As there are no facility of firefighting in villages and the firefighters in main towns are poorly equipped and trained to put out the flames, people have lost their houses along with valuables worth millions of rupees.]]>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *