Two found dead due to gas leakage in hotel room

CHITRAL: Two persons were found dead in a room in Chitral bazaar area due to gas leakage on Saturday morning.

The deceased were identified as police Sub-Inspector (SI) Rehmat Uddin and his close relative Naseer Uddin.

They were sleeping in a room adjacent to Al-Naeen Hotel in the rear of New Bazaar Chitral town.

The deceased belonged to Hinjal area of Karimabad valley.

When the two men did not wake up on Saturday morning, police were informed who reached the spot and broke the room’s door open and found them dead.

Police said gas leaking from a cylinder used for heating purpose had filled in the room causing the death of the two men.

The bodies were later sent to their native village for burial after postmortem at the DHQ hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *