DROSH, June 27: A huge fire erupted in the Osiak village near Drosh on Saturday.
The fire gutted about 10 houses and two saw machine and was not yet controlled when this report was posted at about 3pm. The officials on the spot told ChitralToday that the fire was caused by a short circuit. As there is only one fire engine in the Drosh town it could not handle the incident. Firefighting machine have been requisitioned from Chitral town which were on way to the spot.
As huge smoke started billowing from the houses, the people of the village, comprising about 150 houses, came out in panic. However, there were no reports of causalities but the loss from the damage to property was estimated to be in millions of rupees.