Chitral Today
Latest Updates and Breaking News

Women training centre gutted in fire

Javed Khan

BOONI: A ladies sewing and embroidery training centre and scores of shops in Booni were gutted in a fire early this morning, locals told ChitralToday.

The cause of the fire is being stated as an electric short circuiting. 

The market located at Rahochinar had tailoring shops for ladies set up by Al- Hunar Training Centre of Ms Qurban Bibi, and run by women artisans and entrepreneurs. It also had a number of shops.

Qurban Bibi was declared the national winner of the 8th Citi-PPAF Micro-entrepreneurship Award 2012.

Sewing machines and equipment along with local carpets etc. worth millions  of rupees were damaged by the flames.

Besides, the incident has left scores of women jobless. 



You might also like

Leave a comment

error: Content is protected!!