Chitral in quarterfinals of inter-district football tourney

PESHAWAR, Nov 3: Kohat and Chitral took berth into the quarter-finals of the 9th NBP Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Inter-District Football Championship after securing victories against their respective rivals in the pre-quarter-finals here at Sumbal Khan Football ground, Qayyum Sports Complex. In the first match Kohat gave a stunning 5-0 goal defeat to DFA Mardan in the one-sided affairs. Kohat from the kick back dominated the proceeding and did not allow DFA Mardan to play withfree hands. Kohat forwards comprising Ihsan Ullah, Hasnat, Mubashar, Junaid and Lauqman Khan who raided the rival defence with incisive rallies of attack as a result in the 12th minute Ihsan Ullah slammed in beautiful goal on the field attempt and five minute later the score was 2-0 when Junaid netted a fine goal. Taking 2-0 lead, Kohat fully dominated by taking the position of the ball and time and againshattered the rival defence. It was in the 29th minute when Junaid slammed in another goal through field attempt. Thus Kohat was leading by 3-0. It was the second session in which Mardan did some resistance but failed to click as Hasnat and Mubasshar scored one goal each to make the tally 5-0. Mardan in the dying moment made a well combine attack as result they were awarded a penalty kick but the attempt of Sajid Ali was nicely intercepted by Kohat agile goal-keeper Zafar Ullah while diving to his left. Thus Kohat won the match by 5-0. In the second match strong title contender Chitral defeated Dera Ismail Khan by 2-0 in another one-sided match witnessed by capacity crowd present on this occasion. Chitral also dominated the match and did not give much room to Dera Ismail Khan to strike back. It was in the 7th minute when right winger Saqib, slammed in a beautiful goal to make the tally 1-0. Saqib took the ball from the center line and zoomed quickly toward the rival territory where he kicked into the net to make the tally 1-0. After conceding the goal, Dera Ismail Khan also made some attacks but due to poor finishing theirforwards failed to reduce the margin. At half-time Chitral was leading by 1-0. It was the second session in which Chitral fully dominated the proceedings and scored another goal through Naeem Ahmad in the 66th minute to make the tally 2-0. Thus Chitral won the match by 2-0. The matcheswere supervised by Anwar Khan, Zahid Ullah and Allauddin while Atta Ullah was the match commissioner.—APP]]>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.