Site icon Chitral Today

Peshawar mosque attack injured left helpless: MWM

Peshawar mosque attack

Muhammad Irshadullah

PESHAWAR: Peshawar mosque attack injured people have been left helpless in hospitals and they are dying due to lack of proper treatment, said MWM leaders.

In the Peshawar mosque attack, 56 people lost their lives when a suicide bomber attacked worshippers at a Shia mosque in Qisa Khwani area on Friday. Seven people injured in the terror attack have so far also died, raising the death toll to 63. 

Majlis Wahdatul Muslimeen (MWM) leaders at a press conference here on Tuesday said that the government had failed miserably in providing protection to the citizens.

They added that the provincial government had left all those injured in the Kucha Risaldar mosque terrorist attack helpless in hospitals.
Most of the injured people have to purchase medicine from outside. There is no proper care for them in the hospitals.

The injured are dying due to unavailability of healthcare facilities at Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar. This is the condition of the largest hospital in the province.

“We are still mourning the killing of the 63 worshipers but the government is busy in playing politics with the opposition.”

They said it was the responsibility of the government to provide healthcare to the injured people.

Syed Mohammad Raza, head of MWM Quetta, said the government had not yet announced any financial assistance for the martyrs of the bomb blast.

“If the government did not accept our demands, we will stage a sit-in front of the KP assembly,” the MWM leaders warned.

Exit mobile version