Site icon Chitral Today

House of Chitrali family gutted in fire

ISLAMABAD: A fire broke out in a house at G-10/2 on Sunday night, burning household items and valuables worth millions of rupees.

Mohammad Nawaz from Chapali in Upper Chitral told the police that he and his family had gone to a market after Iftari when the fire erupted in the second floor of the house located in street 8.

He said besides household items and valuables including prize bonds worth millions of rupees, original national identity cards, passports and educational degrees of the family members, driving licences and court case files were burnt.

According to the FIR, the fire was caused by electric short circuit. Firefighters extinguished the flames before it spread to the lower portion of the house.

Exit mobile version