Fire destroys computer centre, goods worth millions of rupees gutted

CHITRAL: A fire broke out in a building near Tablighi jamaat markaz in the town on Tuesday night. Goods, including computers and furniture, worth millions of rupees were gutted in the flames. The fire erupted in a residential room and spread to the nearby computer and handcraft centre.
The rental building housed Alfa Karim Computer and Handicraft Centre while a medical rep from Reshun lived in one room in the building.

Sources said the fire erupted in the medical rep’s room and engulfed the whole  building quickly.
As a result, five rooms along with furniture, 35 computers, scanners, a generator and all furniture of the handicraft centre were damaged.

A teacher of the computer centre, Abdul Munim, said that Rescue 1122 reached the spot soon after it was informed about the fire but due to the lack of training and equipment such as water hose the staff could not extinguish the flames.

He said the owners suffered huge losses and lost their running business. –Muhkam Uddin Ayuni

One Reply to “Fire destroys computer centre, goods worth millions of rupees gutted”

  1. I wander an institute/NGO with equipment worth in million was not having a watchman to ensure security and inform relevant departments and owner of the house in times of disasters like this. Besides, the inefficiency of rescue 1122, who as fully funded department has not even basic equipment and skills in firefighting, prevailed during the entire 3 hrs of fire. I must say the citizen especially the aggrieved family should lodge FIR against the higher management of Rescue 1122 for their inefficiency and lack of professionalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.