Five shops gutted in Drosh bazar fire

DROSH: At least five shops were gutted and two others partially damaged when a fire broke out in Drosh bazar in front of Jamia Masjid Bilal on Monday night. Goods worth millions of rupees were lost in the fire the cause of which was suspected to be short circuiting.

 

The shops included Siraj Medical Store, Mahmoodul Hassan Sanitary Store, Mohammad Fayyaz General Store, Rehman Gul Hardware Store, Sardar Tailor Shop, Mujeeb poultry and Amir Khan cobbler cabin.

Local people, fire brigade and Chitral Scouts put out the flames after many hours. The affected people have called upon the government for compensation so that they can restart their businesses.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.