CHITRAL: A man from Green Lasht village in Upper Chitral on Wednesday appealed to well-to-do Chitralis to help him rebuild his house destroyed in a fire last year.
Addressing a press conference here, Nauroz Khan said he was rendered homeless after a fire caused by a short-circuiting turned his abode into ashes.
He said he was a poor man and hardly managed to meet ends. In such a situation, it was a bolt from the blue when he lost his house and became shelterless.
He said he had approached the office of the deputy commissioner seeking assistance in getting his house rebuilt but the DC had no funds to help him.
He said he had no other options but to appeal to his Chitrali brothers and sisters to extend him financial help in the reconstruction of his house so that he would again be able to live under a shelter along with his children.
Mr Khan said he can be approached at these numbers: 03462507188 and 03212372751.—Muhkam Uddin Ayuni