Khaled Pervez’s arrest a political conspiracy, says MNA

Report Gul Hamaad Farooqi
CHITRAL, Aug 27:  The arrest of Shahzada Khalid Pervez, a district councilor-elect of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), is a conspiracy to remove him from the political scene when the race for the district nazim post had entered the final stage.

This was stated by MNA Shahzada Iftikharuddin at a press conference here on Thursday. Former UC chairman Orghuch M. Hussain, Saeedullah, Mohammad Shan, Noor Ahmad Charwelo and others, who were also present on the occasion, alleged that Shahzada Khalid Pervez, the nazim elect of union council Drosh 1, and president of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) Chitral chapter, was arrested under a political conspiracy.
They alleged that a few weeks ago the leader of a political party had disclosed that Khalid Parvez would be arrested by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) so that the APML and other parties aspiring to bring their own candidate for the post of district nazim would fail in their mission.
They said there was no embezzlement in the Joint Forest Management Committee (JFMC) fund. They said according to the government policy, 40 per cent of the forest fund was deposited in the government account while the remaining 60 per cent was distributed among the royalty holders. They said the government had already collected its share of 40 per cent fund but there was a dispute over the remaining amount as two groups were not ready to share it equally.
The MNA and others said they respected all the courts, including NAB, but wanted a transparent inquiry into the matter so as to ascertain the real reason behind the arrest of the APML leader. They also appealed to the chairman NAB for initiating an inquiry into the fact that how the leader of a political party knew the arrest of Khaled Pervez over a week in advance. It is strange that NAB arrested Khalid Parvez and four other people at a time when he was about to take the oath.
It may be noted that Khalid Pervez, former DFO Gulzar Rehman, Noor Shahideen, Malak Shahi and Rahmat Karim were arrested by NAB KP on the charge of embezzling Rs76 million forest royalty fund.

One Reply to “Khaled Pervez’s arrest a political conspiracy, says MNA”

  1. Dear MNA Sahib, please do not mix up two personalities ie Shahzada Mohiuddin and Shahzada Khaled Pervez. Yes we do understand that they have a parental blood relationship but there is a huge different as far as their services are concerned. Their lifestyle, way of politics and most important point that their relationship with the masses and the leadership style are different. So here bringing Shahzada Mohiuddin into the case of Khaled Pervez is irrelevant. Mohiuddin was a good man and remember respected Mohiuddin’s period of representation in Chitral was unique and memorable whether he was chairman of DCC, MNA or Minister of Tourism. Please do no compare Mohiuddin with Khaled Pervez. Let NAB carry out its investigations and if your brother is innocent he will come out clean and we wish he comes out with more respect. If he is found guilty of the charges, he should go behind bars and must repay the public money to the Chitrali public. But we hope and pray for his safe return.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *