Site icon Chitral Today

Fire destroys poor man's house

CHITRAL, May 28: A house was gutted in a fire at the Gologh locality of Chitral on Tuesday. The cause of the fire was stated to be short-circuiting. The house belonged to Bakhtawar Khan, a retired havaldar of the Chitral police. He works as a watchman at Al-Khidmat hostel in Chitral. Two-room house, including a kitchen, washroom and veranda, along with the household items like TV, washing machine and fans were also gutted. The wife of Bakhtar was earning livelihood by sewing clothes of women and 20 pairs of clothes were at the house when it caught fire. The fire brigade arrived at the house one hour late despite being informed on hone repeatedly. However, local people, border police, Chitral Scouts reached the sot and tied to put out the flames.—Waqar Ahmed]]>

Exit mobile version